Pinecil V2 Soldering Iron
on $25+ orders
The Pinecil is a smart mini portable soldering iron with a 32-bit RISC-V SoC featuring a sleek design, auto standby, and open-source firmware. It heats up to an operating temperature in just 6 seconds!
- Dual power input design: 1) USB-C supports both PD and QC 3.0 and; 2) DC5525 barrel DC jack.
- Speedy Rapid Warmup: Reaches operating temperature in 6 seconds. Support for on-demand rapid boost feature.
- Adjustable soldering tip temperature which can be set between 100° C and 400° C using the adjustment buttons and an easy-to-read OLED display.
- Portable: it features a sleek and slim design, comprised of an SAE 304 stainless steel core housed inside a polycarbonate shell.
- Auto standby mode engages when it is not in use ensuring the user's safety.
See Pine64's Wiki for more information.
This is the iron only, you'll also need:
Get a better soldering experience with an alternative tip:
Get the best solder to pair with your Pinecil:
What a great little iron! I bought it due to the features at the low price point: inactivity timer, easy temp changes, versatile power sources, and it's open source nature. It exceeds expectations on all of those and more
So far, I've used it to solder some header pins on to breakout boards, solder some through-hole components on PCB, and solder some wire harnesses. The iron really shined on the breakout boards and through hole components and on smaller diameter wire, this iron is great! I used it to make a harness with 18 AWG wire, and it took a bit of time to get solder to flow. It would probably work on larger diameter wire, but wouldn't be the best tool for the job.
For general purpose soldering, you can't go wrong with the Pinecil!
Great solder iron! Gets up to temperature really quickly. For power, i used my macbook's charger.
This is a wonderful piece of equipment. Portable, easy to use, gets up to temperature remarkably quickly and holds it well. Plus all the options packed in make it versatile enough that I hardly even bother with my full size iron any more.